WORKING TOGETHER TO BRING EFFICIENT
HEATING AND COOLING STATEWIDE
What does comfort feel like? It’s the peace of mind that comes with reliable heating and cooling, low energy costs and healthy indoor air quality. Comfortably CA supports contractors and distributors so homes and buildings across California can enjoy the benefits of efficient HVAC solutions.
The program offers resources and incentives to distributors, manufacturers, and retailers for selling high‑efficiency HVAC equipment, and provides no-cost training to contractors and technicians. Together, we’re helping California feel good, while participating businesses outcomfort the competition.
- Work directly with and support participating distributors to help ensure product installation requirements are met
- Receive no-cost training, sales support and earn CEUs
- Use incentives to close bigger sales
- Associate your company with high-quality efficient systems
- Gain a competitive edge and improve customer satisfaction
- Access to resources for a broad range of equipment
- Participating is much easier than past HVAC programs
- You decide how to pass along the savings
- Build your reputation as a leader in high-efficiency solutions
- Receive no-cost training you can then offer to your contractors, plus sales and marketing tools
- Work with a contractor who specializes in high-efficiency solutions
- Be confident in the heating and cooling system you choose
- Stay comfortable year round
- Lower your heating and cooling costs and reduce maintenance
- Improve indoor air quality
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN COMFORTABLY CA?
Please provide your info and a representative will contact you soon.
What is Comfortably CA?
Comfortably CA is a statewide energy efficiency program serving HVAC distributors with resources for specified high-efficiency residential and commercial heating and cooling equipment.
Who is Comfortably CA?
Comfortably CA is funded by customers of the four Californian investor-owned utilities (IOUs): Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), Southern California Edison (SCE), Southern California Gas (SoCalGas) and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E®). The program is implemented by CLEAResult under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
Who receives help from Comfortably CA?
- Distributors, through direct resources for the sale of high-efficiency equipment
- Contractors and customers, through education, training and gains in energy savings and comfort from high-efficiency equipment
- All of California, through multiple benefits to the environment
What are the goals of Comfortably CA?
- To transform the HVAC market in California by making high-efficiency HVAC the standard
- To provide added comfort and savings to customers, tenants, shoppers and business owners
- To provide advanced technical training to industry professionals and education to customers
- To contribute to California’s climate goals
Which products qualify?
- Air-Cooled Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps
- Hot Water & Steam Boilers (space heating only)
- Air-Cooled Screw Chillers
- Classroom HVAC Occupancy Sensor
- Gravity Wall Furnaces
- Residential High Efficiency Furnaces with Variable Speed Motor
- Residential Heat Pump (fuel substitution)
Use the Qualifying Product List to determine product eligibility.
I’m a customer. Does this program offer incentives or rebates directly to consumers, or end-use customers?
The Comfortably CA program does not offer direct customer incentives or rebates. The program is designed to provide resources and support to distributors selling high-efficiency products.
I’m a customer. Where can I find high-efficiency equipment?
The Comfortably CA program recommends choosing a qualified installation contractor to help you with your purchase decision. Please refer here for guidance on how to select a qualified HVAC contractor.
How do I learn more?
- Contractors: Contact your local participating distributors or reach out to us.
- Distributors: Reach out to our program staff to become a participating distributor.
- Homeowners and business owners: Talk to your contractor about buying qualifying products from a participating distributor.